Liebenfels castle ruins
A pearl in Central Carinthia
Welcome to Liebenfels Castle!
Liebenfels was first mentioned in 1312 (liewenvelse). Between 1484 and 1490 the castle was conquered, occupied, and partially destroyed by the Hungarians. Remnants of the bulwark below the medieval complex still come from this time of occupation. The two massive keeps from the 13th and 14th centuries are remarkable. Century, which is separated by the unusually extensive outer bailey.
New since 2021:
The castel ruin Liebenfels opens a "Skywalk" for the first time, which is 100 metres above the ground. This is not for the faint of heart, but allows a great view over half of Carinthia.
Kontakt zur Tourismus-Info
Further excursion destinations in the Glantal
Burg Glanegg wird erstmals 1121 urkundlich erwähnt. Erleben Sie außergewöhnliche Ritterfeste.Read more...